The team at silverorange has been working on a redesign of the mozilla.org website. We’re keeping most of the content as it is (especially historical content, like documentation, etc.). We have a new visual template and redesigned some of the key top-level pages. We call the new style: Cavendish
Please take a look through the site with your favourite web browser and post any issues/bugs on this MozillaZine thread. We’re most concerned about technical issues and bugs (rendering problems, etc.).
This is still a beta, so there are some outstanding issues. Some in particular that we’re aware of (so don’t bother pointing them out):
- The home page has not been updated yet (except for the template, of course)
- Round box corners not appearing in Internet Explorer (this is a known and accepted issue, we’re using :before and :after pseudo-elements, which aren’t supported in IE, but degrade gracefully)
- The main logo/wordmark shows sporadically in IE5
- Some extra margins in left menus in IE5/5.5
- Main site tabs do not indicate current section
- Mozilla Store is not included in the template yet
Aesthetic feedback is welcome, but we reserve the right to respectfully ignore it. We have no illusions of being able to please everyone. Rather, we’re aiming for a clean, simple, and professional overall look and feel.